If you are looking for a place where you can enjoy ice skating in Madrid, this post lists thetop places where you can do it including prices, location and hours of each ice rink.
However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most have decided to remain open with a low capacity of people this winter. With all the safety procedures in mind.
Many of the places below has been open as early as mid-December. And will stay so beyond the New Year.
Cibeles sobre hielo
Real lovers of this sport will be able to slide over the ice skating rink of more than 300 square meteres.
The access to the Galeria de Cristal will be free, while the rental of skates and enjoying the experience for 30 minutes will have an entry fee of 6 euros. In addition to reducing capacity compared to previous editions, the rink will have two areas for changing skates to minimize contact between users and all equipment will be disinfected after each use.
- Dates: December 21, 2020, to January 5, 2021.
- Times: Skating sessions start on the hour and last for 30minutes. Opening and closing times 11:00 h – 21:00 h. Special times during december 31 and January 1, 5 .
- Prices: 6 euros
Colón Javier Fernández
The skater Javier Fernández has promoted this new skating rink in the Plaza de Colón that will make everyone enjoy this holyday sport until January 10. In addition to a unique opportunity to have a good time, a part of the ticket will be donated to the Down Spain foundation, which aims to facilitate the inclusion of people with Down syndrome in all areas of their lives.
- Dates: December 21, 2020, to January 10, 2021.
- Times: Opening and closing times 11:00 h – 21:00 h. Special times in January 1 17:00 – 21:00 h
- Prices: € 7 (10% will be donated to the Fundación Down España)
The large size of the ice rink (600 m2) will make this space an essential point of visit this Christmas (capacity of 75 people). The rink has been adapted to current circumstances so that everyone can enjoy this space, always complying with strict health safety measures.
- Dates: December 5 to January 10 (Dec 24, 25 and 31 and Jan 1, closed)
- Times: Opening and closing times 11:00 h – 21:00 h.
- Prices: € 6 (includes rental of skates and gloves and use of the rink for 30 minutes)
Madrid Dreams Palacio de Hielo
This rink is open the whole year you can enjoy with your family, friends or schoolmates letting your expressiveness surge with the rhythm of the music or practicing to slide on the thin blades of the skates. The Palacio de Hielo in the Centro Comercial y de Ocio Dreams has a 30×60 meter Olympic track to practice this sport that combines physical effort with elegance and art.
- Dates: December 22 to January 10 (31 and Jan 1, only afternoon)
- Times: Everyday with three seession see list below.
- Prices:MORNING SESSION: 12:30 to 14:30: Entry with skate rental: € 11.50 & entry with own skates € 9.50.AFTERNOON SESSION 1: 15:15 to 18: 15H: Entry with skate rental: € 13.50 & entry with own skates € 11.50.AFTERNOON SESSION 2: 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.: Entry with skates rental: € 13.50 & entry with own skates € 11.50.