A few days ago, the Community of Madrid started an intensive blood donation campaign called “You are one meter away from saving many lives”. It would be the tenth edition of this type of campaign and it brings with it mobile blood donation units near the metro stops.
It is intended that the donation process be easy and simple, and be accessible to all by being placed in well-known points in the city of Madrid.
This campaign is a joint action between the Regional Transfusion Center, the Red Cross and Coca-Cola and will be active until June 3 of this year. However, this tenth edition brings with it the motivation that movie tickets will be given away to those who donate blood.
The mobile units where you can donate blood will be located in different parts of the city depending on the date:
- From May 9 to 14 near the Embajadores station, from 10:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. and from 4:45 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.; and in Nuevos Ministerios, from 10:15 a.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- From May 16 to 20, it will be at Puerta del Sur from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.; and at the Rey Juan Carlos Universityfrom 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- From May 17 to 20 at Ciudad Universitaria from 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- From May 23 to 27, the donation units will move to the Legazpi and Ciudad Lineal stations, from 4:45 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and on the 26 and 27 of this month it will remain from 10:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. hours and from 4:45 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. only in Legazpi.
- Finally, the mobile unit will go to Getafe Central and Leganés Central from May 30 to June 3, where the campaign will end from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Remember that to be a blood donor you must be between 18 and 65 years old, weigh more than 50 kilos and be in good health when donating. The entire process takes just 20 minutes and can save many lives.
You can see more interesting articles in our BLOG
Find us also on INSTAGRAM